Monday, June 10, 2013

Oh Grandma


My grandpa recently got a Facebook. My grandma is always asking to use my moms Facebook to look at family pictures, and we kept trying to convince her to get a Facebook. After having no luck, we tried my grandpa, who quickly agreed. However, when he came over yesterday he told me she had been using it much more than he had, and had been on it for two hours the previous night. When I asked my grandma about this (this whole post has been leading up to this one line) she said:
"But I don't post, I just snoop. They call me snoop doggy dog."

I was on the floor laughing. First I thought she had said it wrong because I thought he was simply Snoop Dogg, but apparently his name actually is Snoop Doggy Dog. This made me laugh harder because my grandma had actually made a valid reference to pop culture. It was a first. After more Internet searching, I found that Snoop Doggy Dog is no longer a person, though. That's because he changed his name to Snoop Lion. I thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous than Snoop Doggy Dog but clearly I was wrong. Of course, since one thing on the Internet leads to another, I learned that 2 Chainz old rapper name was Tity Boi. Oh the wonderful world we live in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment